DevOps Engineer (Part Time)
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
We are on a mission to enable our clients to thrive as they expand internationally.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to help us build and deliver our next-generation cloud-native technology platform that will enable businesses to access the financial products and services they need to succeed in global trade. The platform is to be built on modern infrastructure and technologies in a way that will provide the backbone for the future of the business for years to come.
You’ll be part of a small, but growing, cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment, whilst following security best practices and with a performance-driven mindset.
As a DevOps Engineer, you should be comfortable working within product teams to ensure that solutions and products being developed take into account all non-functional requirements including support, maintenance, capacity, and security. You should also be a good communicator with an ability to determine requirements and propose and deliver the best solutions.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies and are a passionate individual, you’ll fit right in to our dynamic environment.
- Build and maintain production and non-production environments
- Build and maintain continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Improve performance and scalability of existing systems
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure related issues
- Develop and document best practices for application deployment and disaster recovery
- Perform performance and penetration testing to ensure security and reliability of our infrastructure
- Research and develop new technologies for improving existing systems
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot environments to increase user satisfaction
- Design procedures and create runbooks for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Participate in on-call rotation
Key Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or 4-8 years related experience
- Experience in code development in at least one high-level programming language.
- Experience with AWS - including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda
- Server automation with CDK, Terraform, or other configuration management tools
- Experience with server monitoring systems
- Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to to automate testing and deployment
- Database administration experience
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows
- Ability to work effectively within a team and autonomously with minimal supervision
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Support towards obtaining related qualifications
- A supportive, fun and entrepreneurial environment
To apply send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org