Frontend Software Engineer
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
We are on a mission to enable our clients to thrive as they expand internationally.
We are seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to help us build and deliver our next-generation cloud-native technology platform that will enable businesses to access the financial products and services they need to succeed in global trade. The platform is to be built on modern infrastructure and technologies in a way that will provide the backbone for the future of the business for years to come.
You’ll be part of a small, but growing, cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment, whilst following security best practices and with a performance-driven mindset.
As a Frontend Software Engineer, you should be comfortable working within product teams to to ideate software solutions to user and business requirements and develop frontend components and UIs that are reusable and highly performant. You should also be a good communicator with an ability to determine requirements and propose and deliver the best solutions.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies and are a passionate individual, you’ll fit right in to our dynamic environment.
- Collaborate with other team members and product stakeholders to ideate software solutions to user and business requirements
- Develop frontend components and UIs that are reusable and highly performant
- Translate several RESTful data sources to be used in a frontend application
- Design and write clean, functioning, testable frontend code
- Test software to ensure responsiveness, efficiency, and security
- Monitor reliability and performance through dashboards and tools to ensure availability
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Peer review pull requests
- Support team members and internal stakeholders with troubleshooting issues
- Write technical documentation
Key Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- At least 4+ years of software development building web-based software products
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap, Salesforce Lightning, GitHub Primer)
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Understanding of the whole stack even though you may know more about frontend frameworks or building web services
- Understanding of UX and UI design concepts
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday
- Support towards obtaining related qualifications
- A supportive, fun and entrepreneurial environment
To apply send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org